HybridZ

17" Rims for 280ZXT

I've got a lead on some 17" rims that I can get for $200 (17x7). I have some 15" Centerlines that I've had for years and I'm really getting tired of them and it's time to replace my tires anyway. Is anyone else running 17's on thier 280ZX? What about tire sizes.

They came off an Accord and have a different bolt pattern than the Civics, I think. Is this going to be a proublem when looking for an adapter? Who is making the adapters now?

Thanks for any info.

Are they a 4 bolt or 5 bolt rim? If 4 bolt then you can definitely bolt them on with an appropriate set of spacers. If they're 5lug then you require a more involved conversion including brakes etc.....I don't know of anyone running 17's on a 280ZX, I'm sure their is though...no reason it can't be done....16x7's fit easy on a 280ZX, I can have a set of spacers easily made to mount those up on your car, see pics on my website, all billet 6061/metric 10.9 studs etc. 225/50/16 was a nice fit on a 16*7 rim, not sure what profile you'd like for your 17's depending on if you want your speedo to remain accurate or not and the soft/stiffness of your desired ride.

Ross,

I don't remember if the rims are 4 or 5 lug but, my guess is that they are 4. I'll call him today and find out. I have 205/55/15's (15x7)on the front right now and they barley fit. They come real close the the strut housing. They are close to 0 backspacing if not exactly-I never measured. If I pushed the positive backspacing rims out with an adapter would this possibley help the situation?

He still has some tires mounted to them should I just jack the thing up and do some measuring? What would be the best way to make sure not to screw this up? I was thinking of running some 215/40or45/17's on front and some 225/40/17's in back. I really don't have the money to experiment on this. What I buy has to work.

My goal is to have them on by atleast next June which give me plenty of time to get it right but, I still don't want any surprises if you know what I mean.

What will this do to my ride quality? The car is already pretty stiff.

Thanks for your help