HybridZ

R-180 choices

Dtsnlvrs

Here is my situation. I have a 110mm r-180 lsd. I want to use a different gear set than I have. I can get a 4.11 set from source for cheap. The 4.11 gear set is 115mm i.d. Am I screwed in this deal and if so...anyone have a 3.7, 3.9, or 4.11 110mm r-180 laying around that could go to a good home (for a fee of course)

Are you going to be putting an LSD in the unit?

If you are going to, get a powerbrute LSD unit LM055L is the Part Number and then get the custom input stubs made by JohnC and you have a 4.11 R180 LSD.

I already have a NIB Nissan 4pinion 110mm R-180 LSD....that is where the problem comes in. After 7/76 they went to the 115mm r-180. I have been looking for a 3.9 Subaru STI rearend and then get the stubs from John, but I have not been having much luck finding one (2004-2006 ZRX STI)

4.11 out of the front of an old 4x4 truck shouldn't be too hard to find. I think the 3.90 was only available for about 6 months, then they switched to 4.11. So 4.11 is easy to find, 3.90 is tough.

Alternatively I think zcarnut machined a spacer to fit on the 115mm ring gear to bring it down to 110mm, but that seems like the extremely hard way to do it.

Your sig pic looks taller than 200 pixels. If it is can you resize a little smaller please?

Hmm... you're right about the 115mm ring gear on the trucks. Try asking some old ITS racers and you might come up with one. Or search for that thread about the spacer. might help to put in zcarnut in the search engine, as I think he was the one who had done it.

Now about that sig pic...

Alternatively I think zcarnut machined a spacer to fit on the 115mm ring gear to bring it down to 110mm, but that seems like the extremely hard way to do it.

QUOTE]

I finally found it. It was Leith280zlt1 who made the spacer. Thread here. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103007&highlight=ring+gear+spacer

Sorry Buck, for some reason I didn't get the email notification that you had replied.:icon50:

I've got those welded diffs in the shop for the ITS car, a 3:70 and a 4:11 both (not sure what size ring gear either of them have).... but no 3:90 right now.

I contacted a couple people out your way to see if they knew where you might find one, gimme a couple days while I wait for their replies.

There's one racer right there in Vegas that Jon should know from WCZR, maybe he could be of help searching for what you want.

Jon, I'm not sure but isn't Matt Merrill from Vegas? I know I've read a couple replies over there that were from people in Nevada.... and yes, I know Matt just sold his racecar....wish I had the money to put that one in my garage....:cry2:

I'm not a member of WCZR (maybe cuz I'm on the east coast) but I peruse the board once in a while to get a laugh at some of the things ZV gets himself into....:coollook: