HybridZ

What do you think?

fast300zx

Ok well afer more research and satans help i have an idea. So here goes. I plan on running the je pistons, eagel rods, complete head work, advanced fuel system,romulator, A Tec2 stand alone,ported intake with q45 tb, 88 turbo tranny and rear end. Ok my big question is where can I get custom 1/2 inch fuel rails for a vg30et and what compresion ration should I run. From what I figure you can only run 12 to 1 on pump gas. So what I am trying to figure out is what compresion ration should I run and what boost to run. I am thinking 8 to 1 20+ pounds of boost. I am trying to make 600-700 hp. Any other information I may have left out ask and I will tell you. I am at sea level. All the charts and equations I have done sit me at such a high final compresion ratio I would have to run nine psi which I think is a bit low. Any help would be apriciated.

thanks

As for the compression ratio and boost level, there are two shcool of toughts on this subject.

1- run high compression and just enough boost or

2- run low compression and boost all you can.

I won't go any further down that route as you really need to take time an find what you want to do with the car.

One thing though, higher comp./lower boost cars tend to be more drivable off boost and to MY TASTES, makes for a better daily driver, just my 2cents.

I would suggest not going with a manual transmission, if you are planning on dragging the car. Your trap and et will suffer. An automatic will give much more consistent runs. You may want to talk to 88hybrid, he had some custom fuel rails made for his buildup. http://www.88hybrid.com/, he should be running around 450-500whp or so.