HybridZ

Alternative brake booster

Hi All,

I have a Z31, and I'm curious to know if anyone has used a modified or alternative brake booster and master cylinder setup for their Z?

I plan to drop a VH45 into mine, and have it sit as close to the firewall as possible, but it looks like the MC and booster will be in the way.

Has anyone performed any mods for this?

I've seen aftermarket "universal" boosters somewhere... 7 and 9 inch, I think. They had powder-coated and chromed varieties. Sorry but I can't remember where I saw these... probably one one the main performance parts suppliers. Try the hot-rod parts sullpiers.

Damn! That looks good, Lunar. And thanks for the link, and for posting the pics. It makes a world of difference. I should have searched more thoroughly before I posted this thread, but I wasn't sure how to describe what i was looking for. This looks like just what I'm after. I like the idea of being able to move the master cylinders elsewhere. I need to free up some space for the VH to fit in the Z. Glad I found this site, you guys have some great ideas!