HybridZ

Early 6-bolt side flange for R200 available?

ezzzzzzz

I have been searching through several posts here and other sites. I have a Nismo R180 LSD that I installed R180A (early 720 4x4) 6-bolt side flanges into. Now I'm interested in installing a R200 LSD. I don't want to reinvent the adapters in order to fit my custom Porsche 930 CV axles. Is there a snap-in side flange for the R200 that uses this early 6-bolt pattern or am I back to square one for the inner adapters?

930_CV_adapters_010_thumb.jpg

Me either. I was hoping someone could come up with another application that might use something like this. My axles are lockwired and I don't feel like pulling them just yet. I'm building a LD28/P90A 2.9 stroker to replace the L24. When I'm ready to swap engines then I'll pull the axles to have another custom set of adapters made to fit the later 6-bolt patterned R200 flanges. It's only time and money.....I wish I had plenty of either!

Back again. I've been over at http://www.driftworks.com perusing through the forums. There are a variety of 6 bolt output shafts (side flange) for different applications (manual, automatic, HLSD, VLSD, etc.). Before I look further can someone tell me if the open diff and CLSD output shafts are the same pline count and length or do I need to find a long and short pair? It would be so much easier with a bunch of parts lined to test fit....sigh.....

I am going to convert over to a set of 930 cv`s once my supply of NISMO soild U joint halfshafts is exhausted.My plan was to use the U joint halfshaft stubs and to make the adaptors fit for use with one of the common size aftermarket 930 axels.My machinist tells me it would be NP to make the adaptors.

http://cat.cip1.com/catalog.asp?pg=149

Look at my gallery and posts regarding CV axles. I used EMPI axles. The adapters were not a major problem but were not cheap. I spent roughly $325 on the adapters and drilled/tapped all of the holes myself. If I were to have these copied the cost would reasonable. The 930 CV's were around $55 each. The big cost would have been the 4 boot flanges but I lucked out on these at about $30. Porsche wants $129 a piece!

About the R200 output shafts, It is my understanding that the LSD diff's will fit the early R200 casings. The diff and axles should be swapped as a set. As seen in the photos the S13 and S14 diffs did use the 3x2 bolt pattern I want to retain. Over to the pick-n-pull Friday morning to look for a donor 240SX.

Back again. I've been over at http://www.driftworks.com perusing through the forums. There are a variety of 6 bolt output shafts (side flange) for different applications (manual, automatic, HLSD, VLSD, etc.). Before I look further can someone tell me if the open diff and CLSD output shafts are the same pline count and length or do I need to find a long and short pair? It would be so much easier with a bunch of parts lined to test fit....sigh.....

From the research I have done - and going by the OBX HLSD that I purchased that is designed for the 240sx S13/S14 Base/SE/LE models, these all take the 29spline 30mm shafts = same as the open shafts. So if you pickup some S13 open inputs that have the 6 bolts setup then you should be in business for a long nose R200 with a open or CLSD center :)