HybridZ

vg30et headers?

200sxdatsun

Was looking to buy some headers for my 200sx project. I used the search fuction and didn't find the answer. I was looking to buy some cheap headers so I could flip them right to left and left to right to set up the turbo to be mounted infront. will vq30ett headers fit a vg30et head? I plan on cutting them up anyway so as long as they bolt up its good. There was a vg30.com site that made headers for 510 vg swaps ,Is this guy still around? his headers seamed to hug the block pretty good. if their is some n/a headers that would work let me know. I see on e-bay that the n/a z32 are cheaper than the z31 n/a headers, plus they a stainless steel. what gives? Just looking to cut them up so the cheaper the better....Dave....

umm actually the manifolds on your 200sx can be flipped up side down with better results than buying headers. I also have some flanges I could sell you if you want then all you would need to do is buy some tubing from burns stainless or jgstools.com. Another cheap option is the junkyard and some nissan quest/88-91 nissan maxima manifolds theyre header style+ they really thick steel flanges welded onto them, theyre not cast.

heres a pic of the maxima/quest ones

IMG_1150.jpg

and this is my tt project with two flipped 200sx mani's

IMG_0304.jpg

That looks good. Thanks for the info. I will look for the manifolds . I have a 1980 200sx so the mounting of the motor is alittle more work. What is that manifold off of in the pics? Are you going to be able to close the hood? I'm still trying to mount the motor down further so I can close the hood ,It's going to be tight. I can't wait , I had n/a rotary power and now going v-6 turbo.....ye haa...

the intake manifold? Thats from an 85-87 maxima and theyre pretty common in junkyards, I actually sold this one to a guy in england because they dont get these manifolds over there. This one pictured was modified to use an 80mm BMW TB and they work best if the webbing inside is gutted also. I am going with a custom ITB (individual throttle body) setup for my tt setup, as I am going for the quick response. lol peace.