HybridZ

Judson Electronic magneto...

FEnatic

I'm not sure how much they'd be worth today as anything other then a rare(?) and collectable(again ?) cool piece of history. The ZXs with their nice electronic ignition do the same thing just triggered by a reluctor, not points. I figure that magneto works exactly like an old GM HEI system triggered by points.

Any system system triggered by something other then points is going to run your car better, especially things using a trigger wheel. The ZX is a couple of generations better, EDIS or anything else without a distributor is another generation or two better.

Still, if you could get it for absolute dirt, it's a cool old after market preformance part. I guess that system was supposed to make a stronger spark and take load off your points. By triggering off the points and fireing off solid state electronics, I guess you could have more charging current safely and not get carbon build up on the points from all that arcing.