HybridZ

I got my MS 1 V 3.0 today!!

big-phil

that is the bumpiest map i've ever seen.. LoL.. bunch of areas with what looks like lean spikes.. so your dumping tons of fuel in a cell..

are your AFR's steady or all over? and whats going on after 180kpa?! suddenly gets SUPER lean.. never plan on runnin more boost? if not.. still tune it to like 150% so you dont go boom

:oops: LOL you got me. This is a good start up map. I've done about 2hrs total tuning on the car, and most of that was just trying to get it to start! AFR's are pretty consistent at "higher load" at about 11.5:1, but anything in between load and cruising and the AFRs are all over the place. So far we have not hit WOT while tuning (to keep the engine from blowing up!) There is a lot of fine tuning to be done.

Well I took the plung! I got the relay board, harness, and MS 1 V 3.0. Mister mail man deliverd it today. It looks much smaller than I thought. I've been reading for the past 2 hours. WOW what did I get myself into? I have got to give a friend in FT. Worth a call who has tuned his. So he can tell me what I need to download. I also orderd a Pallnet fuel rail for my Supra 440cc injectors. Anyway There will be a video when she's done.

Phil,

Can't wait to see the video! (WIll be sometime when not underway)

I love the MS-II, though I have about $300 total into it since I built it.

I also used the 280z harness and relays, as you don't REALLY need the relay board, you can chop and use the stock Z or ZX harness. (my '78 harness actually had EXTRA wires after I was done re-assigning wires and such)

(though I'm sure it saves a lot of fuss)

I was also surprised at the small size of the MS ECU case....initially I was planning on simply installing the MS box INSIDE the stock ECU case, but the MS just happens to be a smidgen too high.

(My plans were to wire the DB 37 to the stock Z ecu connector so it could all look stock.)

I'm glad it didn't fit cuz the ECU cover will still cover up the MS and make everything look stock.

I really don't know why I'm so concerned with that when I have a boost gauge, blue gauge faces, and a profec-a boost controller, but wth.

I will admit I installed everything so it looks factory (except for the boost gauge, as I'm not gonna lose my AFR gauge)

Ok I'm rambling about it too much.

Good luck with MS phil (I know you'll absolutely LOVE it)