HybridZ

You gotta love this dog!!

Guest Crispy Chicken

IMHO, we humans are a bit arrogant regarding our intelligence and superiority over other animals. Other creatures are more capable than we give them credit for. Again... just my opinion.

Very true. Animals have proven that they are capable of mathematics and construction and problem solving. The thing that sets humans out from the rest though is that we evolved into these abilities and animals have to be trained to progress them. Eventually I'm sure some other species of animal will eveolve the route that humans have, but that's only if we quit destroying their homes and killing them off.

naviathon... Good points with a couple of arguments. Isolate a dozen human babies in a rain forest and, assuming they survive to adulthood with NO interaction with other humans, I'll bet they know nothing of science, mathematics, or religion. Chimpanzees use sticks as "tools" to "fish" for termites. We didn't teach then that. Ants raise termites for food in there own form of ranches. We didn't teach them that.

naviathon... I serioudly doubt other creatures will ever evolve THAT much... not in a million years. I'm just pointing out that they're not quite as "dumb" as they seem superficially. This dog is a classic example of that idea. Not only does the dog use a somewhat complicated tool very well but he PLANS his routes to some degree:biggrin: