HybridZ

I Really Need Help!

cpt jack

I believe that my car has a blow headgasket but this is the tricky part :cool:. The coolent is comming out from a little area near the end of the motor on the left side if you where looking at it s8t on and its weird ive already gone through a resavor of coolent and im freakin out i dont know what to do anyone ever have this problem? Its a 83 280zx... L28E

Had something similar on my 240. I never had visible leakage, but putting green dye in the coolant and wrapping paper towels around the head definitely showed where the coolant was leaking and immediately evaporating.

The correct solution is to pull the head, check it and the block for flatness then install a new head gastket.

The $2 fix is to add a tube of radiator stop leak.

If it is a big leak, especially with your turbo, you may want to pull the head. if it is a small leak, like my 240, then the stop leak will do the job.

Although Pop could be right, this is also a 280ZX and the heater core and bypass lines are on that side of the engine. I'd be willing to bet it's a pinhole leak from one of the. Get it hot and pull the lines around. If it's a hole it will get worse when stretched. I've had to replace all these lines on my 81ZX in the last year.

Although Pop could be right, this is also a 280ZX and the heater core and bypass lines are on that side of the engine. I'd be willing to bet it's a pinhole leak from one of the. Get it hot and pull the lines around. If it's a hole it will get worse when stretched. I've had to replace all these lines on my 81ZX in the last year.

really? I was thinking its weird that my motor is not gettin extreamly hot yet and that the oil is not gettin milky as is the exhaust smelling like sweet... and i have that auto temp control and well weird thing is that i have a buzzing noise commin from in side tha dash and i was thinking if it was maybe it.... but big thing is which line could it be ill take a pic and post it up 2 night....

The two going through the firewall are for the heater core and must be replaced as a pair. Fortunately they're cheap and you can get them from courtesy nissan. The other lines are simple and can be made from cut to fit pieces at the local parts store. I would suggest replacing all these lines at the same time.

yea now that the whole is bigger i now know it is the heater hose... im broke for right now im thinkin electral tape + Ducktape and im set for at least a week.... if i really wanted to could i just cap off the heatercore hose thing? And would u happen to know the part #?