HybridZ

VG30DET into a Z31

Guest blackbox

Guest blackbox

i have the motor in the car now im having problems with the wiring. I have the stock ECU and wireharness that came with the car 88 300ZX with a VG30ET?

The motor pictured above is JDM, but the setup (intake) was also used on the 88'-92 maximas here in the U.S. The only differance was they bolted turbos on the JDM versions, which would have been the Leopard and Gloria in Japan. They used side feed injectors which are harder to upgrade than the topfeed that was on the 84-85 turbo Zs, 86-89s had duel side/top feed injectors. I have the same motor with the USDM intake on top.

Yup, definitely JDM VG30ET (not that I had to confirm it or anything :lol: ). I have one in my Maxima but with the Maxima intake elbow (pipe right before the throttle bodies). 8.3:1 compression, T25 turbo, euro cams, no egr, and I believe that's it for differences. They only came with an auto tranny but all the manual tranny stuff swaps right over of course.

Guest blackbox

im having a problem finding the coolant temperature sensor on the JDM motor it was on the font of the motor on my other motor on the JDM it was on the coolant inlet pipe i want to keep my old wiring so im trying to relocate the sensor?