HybridZ

5 Spd Trans

DRTY260Z

:mrgreen: HEY GUYS IM TRYING TO GET SOME HELP AND ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS IN PUTTING A MANUAL TRANS IN MY 260, I CURRENTLY HAVE SBC 350 AND AUTO TRANS. I WAS THINKING FROM A CAMARO BUT MY FRIENDS TELL ME THOSE ARENT GOOD. I TRIED LOOKING IN THE FORUM BUT IM NOT GETTING THE ANSWER IM LOOKING FOR. ALSO IM ON A BUDGET SO TRYING TO KEEP IT UNDER $800. YOUR HELP AND ADVICE WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, THANKS

SAM

Sam, Two things first before I address the tranny...

A: No duplicate posts of the same thread. This will get you in trouble with the admins.

B: Take off the caps lock. On the internet, it's the same thing as SHOUTING!!!.

Now, onto your question... Your "friend" who said the camaro 5 speed is junk might have wanted to clarify. You can use the 5 speeds that backed all their 350 V8s. However, Don't use one from a V6 or 305. Pretty sure they are the same tranny and known to be much weaker and have lower torque ratings.

Since you've got an automiatic now, you do realize you're gonna have to swap the bellhousing, flywheel, clutch assembly, hydraulics and clutch pedal assembly, right? Even if you get a great deal on a tranny and bellhousing, You're gonna have some cost associated... AND you might have to have your driveshaft modified as well... I'd expect to spend a fair amount more even bargain shoping...

If you need a clutch fork, pivot ball and dowel pins, I have some new in the package I can sent you for cost of shipping. Not sure which hybdraulic setup you plan to go with, but you should buy the JTR manual before you buy anything else and read read read...Oh, And try a number of better searches here... Lots of info on this very topic as a number of us are running a fivespeed and 350 Chevy based motor, and we've posted LOTS of data.

Mike