HybridZ

Z31 clutch differences

premo-s12

The N/A and early turbo Z uses a 240 mm clutch setup whereas the later turbo setup use a 250 mm (same goes for the TT Z32). What's weird though is the torque capacity ratings of the 240 mm clutches are higher than the 250 mm clutches, of the ones I've seen. Also, the larger setup would put more weight on the outside (naturally being bigger) which you would think would require slightly more power than the smaller one.

I personally wouldn't try either. I'd put some good money into a proven clutch. SPEC, ACT, Exedy, and now apparently the DXD clutches (South Bend Clutch) seems to be a very awesome clutch for the Z31.

Or... if you want to go absolutely all out crazy...

https://www.amzperformance.com/z31/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=121&category_id=e9f1e3477db5b20b1d87ad02c91ad1c7&

https://www.amzperformance.com/z31/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=122&category_id=e9f1e3477db5b20b1d87ad02c91ad1c7&

huh. so by nearly stock pedal effort, do you mean the pressure plate is relatively stock then? stiff clutches kill me (blown out knee(s) :x )

thx for the tip! :)

i looked at the catalog and teh SE S12 clutches are different then the Z31...odd. huh, the early turboZ and non-turboZ clutches have a different part number, and it looks like they offer a different set of clutches for the SE S12 (no part numbers or TQ ratings either?). ill have to shoot them an email and ask about the differences in these clutchs