HybridZ

Found a convertible top for my Z

VinhZXT

I finally found a TR7 convertible frame for my Z. Guess how much I paid for it? a grand total of $15 bux. Initial trial fitting seems like it will fit nicely. I just have to fab up the mounts on both side. I guess I can make plan for long trips with the Z now. Here is a pix of the car

768663_167_full.jpg

And here is a pix of the top that I just got:

768663_284_full.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

well I have to say that the car is already bad ass...1 of a kind and very unique. I'm very interested to see how this convertible top turns out for ya.

Good luck and keep us posted.

There used to be a vidio tape produced by Ztherapy that showed how to modify a TR7 top to fit on a S30 droptop. I would be interested to see how it fits on a S130.

Rory Bateman, who makes the Tomahawk Z, used a S130 T-top roof for the prototype of his four piece top for his S30 design. He commented that the S130 roof is dementionally almost identical to the S30 and it fit with very little modifications. Though, for a man that completely transforms Z car bodies, very little for him may be very much for you and me.

Keep us up to date on the install. Being a Z31 Straman owner I'm always interested convertable jobs.

Oh yea, cool car.:2thumbs:

Wow, that's a nice looking car. I don't think I've seen pictures of that one before. Hopefully that TR7 top will work out for you, it will make your car much more useable if you have a top for it.

P.S. - The CarDomain link in your signature didn't work for me. I eventually got to it by going to the other web site first and then using a link from there.

John Washington told me to use the TR7 top for my ZX. I didn't believe him until I saw this frame at the junkyard. This frame looks very simple and it will be very easy to fab up some sort of mounts for this frame. Also it is light weight so I will make it so that I can remove it easily. I think it will cost me some $ to get someone to make the rag top for it. The frame requires 2 bolts each side to secure it so it shouldn't be hard to fab up the mounts for it.

A close friend of mine is working on a convertible 240Z also and he is looking for a top to fit his Z also. I will use this top and try it on his Z to see what happens. I think this top will fit the earlier Z cars better than the ZXs. I am sure I will come up with something to fit it into my ZX. Will let you guys know the result.

Thanks for the responses

Vinh

PS. Thanks Bartman, I just fix the link in my sig.

From what I have found get a TR7 top an have it modified. That is what I am planning on doing. I have the TR7 frame but haven't got around to doing the mod. From your picture it appears that you will not have very much angle on the rear window.

Bartman,

Man thanks for the find on the top. Yup I think I will just buy the TR7 top and modify it to fit. I think that reenforcement pipe will give me problems install this frame.

Sho,

I think I might have to cut the upper corner of the window glass for it to fit. I will figure the window out when I get there. The more I look at the pix in the link Bartman posted the more work I think it will require to get this top to work in my ZX.