HybridZ

Installed radiator and fan at an angle

Dragonfly

Because I was having clearance issues between my electric fan and my electric water pump I decided to install my radiator and fan at an angle.

P1010011.jpg

If you look closely you can see the aluminum and rubber brackets I made to hold the bottom of the radiator in place.

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010006.jpg

In this picture you can see the custom steel and rubber brackets I made to hold the top of the radiator in place.

P1010012-2.jpg

From the front with the hood on the car.

P1010014-1.jpg

From the engine compartment with the hood on the car.

S1010002.jpg

Distance from front side of motor mount bolt to fan shroud (14").

S1010004.jpg

Distance from front side of motor mount bolt to balancer (13").

As you can see from the measurements I have 1" of clearance between the fan shroud and the balancer, what you can not see in these pictures is that I now have 2" of clearance between the fan motor and the electric water pump.

T1010091.jpg

This is an older picture from my original mock up that shows part of my cardboard template for the aluminum shrouding for the radiator and fan.

T1010088.jpg

In this picture I do not have the "box" portion of the mock up made up yet but when I am done all the air will be forced through the radiator.

Dragonfly

Is that the taurus 2 speed fan and shroud?

It looks to me that you could have gotten away with a flatter style 14" fan. (you know... the kind held on by zipties?)

No, it is the radiator, 2 speed fan and shroud from a Fiero. The Fiero has two styles of fan motor and this is the thinner one by a long shot. If you look at the pictures again you will see that there are 2 bolts at the top and 2 bolts at the bottom of the shroud that bolt it to the radiator, this holds it very securely and because I trimmed down the shroud the fan actualy sits closer to the radiator than it did stock. I had thought about using a different fan like the one that zip ties in place but I like having the shroud on it and I was not happy with the last fan I had that zip tied to the radiator.

Dragonfly

• 2 months later...