HybridZ

quick question about the l28(oil change/spark plugs)

sone

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what oil to get i talked to a guy(my mechanic) and he told me to get 40, but not sure what else to get and what spark plugs do i need, the guy at auto zone had no idea what i was talking about.

I have a 1977 280z, that needs an oil change, new spark plugs and that little one of the 2 little clips that hold the cap on from my last tune up. anyone know exactly what i should ask for at the counter?

• 1 year later...

the rule that ive learned is that if your in cold weather use a thinner oil like a 5w or 10w to allow the motor to rotate as much oil as possible

Eneos makes this 0-50 oil that allows your engine to rotate smoother and freer as a result it frees up hp( doesn't make hp its just not as restrictive )

i wouldn't recommend really thin oil because if its too thin the gaskets wont be able to do there job and keep the oil from escaping

and fyi the oil cap on most cars tell the dealers recommendation

on the l28 its 10-30

if your going to be drifting then i recamend cranking your oil up to a 15-30 or 40 and but for daily use id say the 10w-30 is the best bet

and if you want a little extra hp theres a oil additive called px3 that is an oil booster next oil change replace one liter of your syth or conventional oil and put in a liter of that stuff

improves mileage a little too