HybridZ

lean at idle rich when reved

MaTTSuN

well im trying to figure out my 81 l28eT i thought it was the AFM but when i changed that it kept doing the same thing

not enuf fuel when i idle" i have to push the AFM flap open a little to make it idle well"

and too much fuel when reved " If i hold back the flap when holding 3000 rpm it runs and doesnt puke and spit"

so i guess its either

coolent sensor

head temp sensor

computer??

bad harness...

Its an all stock turbo system with an 3inch exaust if anyone had a similer problem i would love to know how they fixed it

just want to beat my brothers RX8 and im sure you all want to hear about how i beat a car that costs a little more than ours hehe

matt

coolant temp sensor is probably the culprit.... search the forum to find out how to wire in a potentiometer to "fool" the computer, if you can get the engine running right by adusting the pot replace the sensor. Then, you can keep the pot there to tune your fuel delivery.

The thread tells you how, what to adjust and in what order to get the most out of the stock EFI.