HybridZ

Corvette Shop Ruined this guys Vette

Mr.INSANE

The dealer is responsible for everything as long as they defied his order not to drive it. Permission to drive it has to be in writting on the repair order. I would let the insurance company lawyers go after them. If he doesn't get a new car, he would only have to wait for the check for lost value, as well as, deductible and/or out of pocket expenses. With Car Fax available to all buyers now listing the accident; it would definitely lower the value drastically.

I remember another bad story awhile back about a guy who bought a new C5 (if I remember right, it was a C5).

Owner had it in the dealership for something or another and the guy putting it on the lift didn't center the car well enough on the lift... long story short, the car fell backwards a few feet off the lift. Smashed the heck out of the brand new car. Last I heard the dealership said they would pay for repairs but would not give him a new car.

I've decided I will never buy a car from a dealer, nor have a dealership service my car.