HybridZ

What are these relays for??????

Guest funkysole

Guest funkysole

Ok so i'm trying to figure out what each one of these relays are and there purpose of use?

DSC01057.sized.jpg

I can't seem to figure it out and all the wiring diagram i have come across don't even egnollage the relays in the loop or anything. any info on them would be awsome. thanks. They camo out of a 73 240z..

Guest funkysole
first off where was the location of each realay on the car and what is the car exactily?

sorry they were from the relay bracket in the pass kick panel.

Rightkickpanelrealys.jpg

rightkickpanelsideview.jpg

In your picture:

The top left is wiper delay and it makes the wipers wipe a few strokes when you hit the WASHER button... There is a whole crapload of wires running to the wiper switch on the column... There are actually 2 of these 2-connector relays/time switches...(one is wiper delay and the other is washer intermittant)

The top right is the AIR-CON relay.. which is redundant if you don't have air conditioning... It's coil circuit is in the fuse panel(AIR-CON) 20amps.. but that only runs the coil to the relay(.3amp).. The switched relay circuit is the ACUTAL power feed to the blower(direct from BATT+)... The actual blower fuse is located behind the center control panel on the right side of the dash.. It is one of 2- 20amp inline fuses.. The blue/red stripe wire I believe....

The BOttom one is the accessory power relay... It is switched by the ACC circuit in the fuse panel(It has a separate fuse in the fuse panel for the switched side of the relay...

========================================================

There is also a small round can... that is the EGR stone cold temp. switch

There are also 2 starter CUT relays

and a companion relay to the EGR relay on the firewall passenger side...

And you have figured out that the 1973 model is a bastard year for the wiring diagrams...

It is most like the 1974 260Z... except the connectors look more like the 1972 240Z models... Use the later 260Z diagrams...

You will also notice that the 1973 models have a lot of "addon" electrical subharnesses... They later included the wires into the main harnesses..

The nice thing about the 1973 years is that many of the addons can be easily removed...

The entire starter/alternator FUEL-CUT relay system can be removed all the way to the starter terminal...

The entire EGR harness can be removed except for one green wire that runs to the front left clip for an EGR vac solenoid...

Guest funkysole

Sweet now i just need to figure out how to wire the wiper deal to this relay thing? Anybody got pics of the plugs that plug into this relay??? the car has no ac or anything they did a v8 transplant and removed it all.