HybridZ

Where can ya buy a brake booster for 78 280 "was thread stoping to good"

So i posted a thread about the brakes acting up in certain sitiuaitions . I was going to buy a proporition valve but i have a vacuum canister laying around so i hooked it up .

Started the car and let it run then shut it down and heard this buzzing sound coming from the check valve on the booster . Well the canister was holding a vacuum but kept sucking air from the booster . So i tested the check valve it worked took a hand vacuum pump and trried to apply vacuum to the booster well no luck no vacuum .

Funny that the pedal effort never changed when it started to leak .

Ok after all that ive looked around at the auto stores checker napa etc etc they claim they can get a booster but when the try to order one it tells them its no longer avaiable . Any ideas where to pick one up ?

Jason

Just a week ago I purchased a booster for a 260 from Oreilly's after a 2 1/2 year rebuild, which the NON 2+2 is the same for the 280 NON 2+2 (8 1/2" diameter). It was about $100 after discount, remanufactured. There was massive pitting, but it worked and didn't leak. I doubt there will be any problem ordering one from Courtesy Nissan, but if the price is alittle to much and you can't find one locally, PM me.