HybridZ

stock 72 wont start below 55

I recently purchased a 72 240z as far as I know its stock, now I know it has a couple of small oil leaks (oil pan and front cover), when its below say 55 degrees outside the car will not start. It tries and I can hear the crank turning but it wont fire and start, I have managed to kill the battery once trying to start the car. Personally i think its a spark issue but as this my first Z and I'm not all that experianced yet I'm not all that sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try to get it to start when its cold?

i have been searching and havent found anything that helped me yet though i wouldnt be surpirsed if i was just searching the wrong terms

If it has SU carbys... the "choke" mechanism is not doing it's job...

The Carbys are notorious for becomming IMPOSSIBLE to deal with in cold weather... Never fear.. Help is here...

www.ztherapy.com

If you are a competent DIYer then this forum can help with details... but there is some stuff to learn first...

The SU carbys are different than most in many ways...

They do not have a choke mechanism the way most carbys do... what they do have does not work well at all...

They do not have an accelerator pump that squirts fuel when you press the pedal(no way to cold prime)

They are some of the simplest carbys but they can get surprisingly hard to get right...