HybridZ

seats and harnesses

rdsk8ter

hey rdsk8ter: here's a link to a thread I started a few weeks back. In fact the subject line was so close I thought it might have been my thread (was wondering how it ended up in the fabrication forum) Anyhow, lots of good links to harness manfacturers and discussion on install ect. good luck

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116804&highlight=racing+harness

Anybody know any rollcages that would work in a 78 2+2 and not make the back seats useless. I was thinking a cage that goes from the front of the inside of the wheel well up and over to the other side.

Something like this mabey dont mind the erased part.Just the visible bars.

1e32y_1vv_thumb.JPG

Something like this mabey dont mind the erased part. Just the visible bars.

If you remove the bars you erased in the picture, it would compromise the effectiveness of the roll bar in an accident.

The resulting bar would offer you some protection in the event of a roll over, but I wouldn't use it for extensive track time. Any strong lateral impact could bend/collapse the upper bar without the additional support.

Yeah I realize that. It wouldnt be for track, just a bit of reinforcing because my car came with a sun roof and the roof is pretty much just a piece of curved sheet metal with a piece of glass in it. No structure at all.

Would you be able to mount the racing harness at the bar across the top(for the cage I described) and it just go down into the holes in the back of the seat? Or do you have to have a bar that goes directly behind the holes?

I don't think you can use that top bar to mount a racing harness because the harness belts would come down at too steep of an angle. While the harness would fit physically, it would not be safe.

In this thread, Mikelly explains that the straps, "...should be at a 45 degree angle below your shoulders. They need to be anchered below those holes in the seat BIG TIME..."

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116804&highlight=racing+harness

I have a roll bar without a bar running behind the seats to attach a racing harness to. I, too, thought about attaching the harness to the upper bar until I did a little research.