HybridZ

Shuttle PC or other small form PC

tfreer85

Was just curious if anyone has any experience with the shuttle PC or another small form PC. I'm looking for super compact (comparable in size to my mac mini) PC for doing gaming and a media center to run through my TV. I was been doing some reading on HTPC's and I think they are a little large and completely necessary for my goals. The shuttle, seems like a good starting point, its compact allows me to cannabalize a previous/older computer, and add/upgrade the things that i need to what I want them to be at. However, I don't have much experience with building PC's and am looking for some input on what people thing i should do. I'm trying to keep costs down, no major purchases over $300 to get things rolling, then I can build/order parts progressively. Thanks for any input,

Tyson

*EDIT* Heres what I'm looking at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOX0DK/ref=wl_itt_dp/104-8079228-6248723?ie=UTF8&coliid=I273TI8KXI33JL&colid=KM1UH8KHWOVS

I have built several Shuttle boxes for work. They work great but have one annoying problem. The units are equipped with a BIOS feature called "Smart Fan". As the CPU gets hot, the fan automatically throttles up. At work you can hear the fans constantly rev up and down.

Just my opinion and observations on them. Good dependable systems though.