HybridZ

Has anyone tried the new MM140 with Auto-Set?

mtcookson

I just bought one a couple weeks ago and haven't had a chance to use it yet but just looking at it is awesome. :lol:

I used to have a Schumacher Electronics MIG welder but it wasn't all that great. It definitely got the job done but it wasn't that pretty and such. I decided to get a new welder so that I could do some higher quality welds when fabricating stuff for my car.

The cool thing about this model is the Auto-Set feature. You have your standard infinite speed and voltage settings but the Auto-Set feature allows you to set the wire size and the metal thickness then just weld away without having to worry if the settings are correct. I don't know how well it works yet (I definitely will soon) but it seems like a very awesome idea.

I was thinking about getting the 175 but the 110 voltage was much more convenient for me and should be able to weld what I need.

Any of you guys have one?

I was about to buy that one, but I got a mm175 because I need to have the option of welding thick metal for my work. The guy at the store said the autoset feature was a nice upgrade from the previos model. I'm sure it welds the same as the prior models and the normal mm140, because once ur familiar with the infinate controls you wouldn't need the auto set because it's second nature to set the controls when ur welding. It would help alot when starting out though.

I just got the MM 140 with Auto Set last week. I have used it everyday since I got it, and I've come to the conclusion that this welder is awesome, I love it. The Auto Set works pretty good, sometimes I find I need to back the wire speed down a little, but all in all it's a nice feature. I'm running gas on mine by the way.

I don't think you'll be disapointed, good luck with your new toy.