HybridZ

New stroker almost ready!

Unless your driving that on the street and trying to get mpg's, you may want to jet it squared up, the same on all four corners. Properly tuning a car takes along time. I've actually never finished tuning any of mine on the strip.

It's 90% street use so I would like to maintain any MPG's possible, (within reason)

Funny you should ask, I was gonna post today. She is really coming around now. Have driven to work for the last 3 days, today included, have about 250 - 300 miles on it. Carb is just about there, running a little on the lean side at cruise so I will bump up my primary jets one more size and see how that is. Overall, feels really good, very driveable, gobs of torque and revs very smooth. Power brakes don't work that good at idle but I kind of expected that. Soon I will pull out my 6000 rev limiter and see what she has to say up top.

Overall, very pleased.

Thanks Grumpy!

Guest TeamNissan

Grumpy has really taken you under his wing on this one lol, very lucky. I love the way it looks, the whole car, very nice indeed.

Only think I would have done dif is used clear valve covers to show off that perdy orange valve train in contrast to the black engine :-).

Hope to see you having her dialed in soon.

Thanks guys!

I was driving home yesterday and there is this slight "S" turn that I normally roll into mid rpm's in third gear and then hammer thru it. I have been doing it for years, tried it yesterday and had to get out of it real quick. "Things" started happening a lot quicker than they did 2 months ago! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Was 25 degrees this morning and the Z has a busted heater core so she's in the garage! I finally got my custom lengh push rods delivered and installed. Went with Manton's push rods, the guy seemed really cool and sold me the thick wall ones for the normal price of the thinner ones. The length appears to be perfect based on the roller pattern on the valve stem. That's about the only update I have. Been either really cold or wet so she hasn't been out much in the last week or so. Will lite the tires up this weekend I am sure. Still only have about 300 miles on it so haven't got crazy yet. Still have the 6k rev limiter in it.

Finally finished my CV adaptors today so will do that conversion soon. Can't believe my halfshafts have held up this long.

well keep us advised and its good to know progress is being made.....Im still working on my BBC engine swap prep and parts accumulation/engine build project after 4 years so I understand progress can be slow, things like building garages, finacing weddings, fixing hurricane damage ETC. seem to always screw things up

no doubt. I got lucky, (if you can use that term after breaking your own motor), but I had just gotten a decent Christmas bonus from the job the day before I destroyed it. Otherwise, mine would have been a lot slower process...or slower motor :)

Guest TeamNissan
no doubt. I got lucky, (if you can use that term after breaking your own motor), but I had just gotten a decent Christmas bonus from the job the day before I destroyed it. Otherwise, mine would have been a lot slower process...or slower motor :)

I think sometimes it takes things like that to get us motivated for that next step lol.

If someone didnt steal my z32 I wouldnt have bought a 240z :-)

I took her for a "joy" ride today, bumped the rev limiter to 7000. It's pretty strong. At any point in first gear, if I drop the hammer, it breaks loose, can shift soft to second and floor it again and it will spin again thru most of second. The cool thing is that even with the spinning, it is grabbing and still pulling really hard. If it wasn't for the rear end walking around a bit, I wouldn't know it was breaking loose. I can't wait to see what it does with my "y" pipe uncapped. I know my 3" single exhaust is choking back a bunch of hp.

• 3 weeks later...
any more progress or problems? tunning issues? track times,etc.

Been very busy with life, have put some more miles on it but that's about it. Need to do a tad more carb tweaking right off idle but is running great other that that. Have not checked idle vacuum lately but I can tell in the brake pedal that it is very low.

I am ready to but my CV joints in but have not had time to get into that. Once that is done, will head to the track.

Thanks for asking.