HybridZ

Opinions wanted.

Brett6485

I'm in need of a new rear control arm for my 240 after getting ran off the road and snapping the arm were the swaybar mounts up. I had ordered a brand new stocker threw nissan for $100 bucks, but got a call back saying they are no longer made. So the question is, do I hunt around for another stocker or use this as an excuse to pick up some adjustbale ones?. I've pretty much sold myself on Adjustables, just having a hard time telling the sensible half of my brain to shut up and let me order them. Any opinions from people who have them on a street driven Z?

Absolutely no question, call Ross at Modern Motorsport and get the adjustables. Obviously the stockers are not good enough or they would not have broken. Plus, who knows, you may need the adjustability in case something in the rear end got tweaked.

Absolute no brainer.

Of course then you need to do the same in the front.

No way I would cheap out and get a $20 replacement at a pick and pull.

Brett, it is totally up to you where you put your money. There is nothing wrong with adjustables, but keep in mind that Pop's sarcasm is pointed because most of us would rather spend a paltry $20 or less on another stock one. If you can't forage for one yourself, put up a WTB ad on Craigslist or contact Zbarn for a used part. Just some thoughts.

Davy

Actually I was trying to talk you into the adjustables. Reading back though the post it does look otherwise.

If you just look at cost, then kind of hard to justify. But the way I look at it breaking parts gives you a perfect reason to upgrade. You know "Damn, honey. Spit a U joint. Gonna be expensive to buy that Q45 and CV axles to to ensure it doesn't happen again. Damn old cars."

I've been following this thread because I too have been weighing the cost vs benefits of adjustable suspension. I'm on a limited budget so cost is an issue but I don't mind spending the $$$ if the benefits are definitely their for a "street-driven" car. I'm still unsure so I hope several other folks will chime in...