HybridZ

Spicer u Joints from motorsport don't fit

icewtr

Has anyone had a prob with the spicer u joints for the half shafts not fit as in the cups are to small for the holes? i just got a set and one out of 4 fit the other 3 have the same number on the box but the part number on the joint is different . the 5w ones are to small .. part number 5-1505x.. and they have grease fittings i was told the spicer joints are stronger due to non greasable ..

hello i'm a driveline tech . i cut, build,weld, balance ,install. spicer does not make a u-joint for imports they just re-box neapco u-joints . i buy u-joints from nissan for all mine and my friends datsun z's . we are running from 500 hp to 900 hp the factory joints are the strongest and last a long time . they are about $60.00 each for axle joints

hello i'm a driveline tech . i cut, build,weld, balance ,install. spicer does not make a u-joint for imports they just re-box neapco u-joints . i buy u-joints from nissan for all mine and my friends datsun z's . we are running from 500 hp to 900 hp the factory joints are the strongest and last a long time . they are about $60.00 each for axle joints

http://www2.dana.com/expertforms/departid.aspx?part=5-1505X This is a parts identifying page.. i put in the part number on the u joints and it shows they are Spicer ...5-1505x . so i guess they do make u joints for imports...

Well i got to the local junk yard today and found a few z's and got ahold of some stock half shafts with original joints .. put them in the car and all the clunking i had with the brand new kragen auto joints in is now gone ... i also found a 280zx turbo so was gonna get the diff out of that .. but have read on here a few times the turbo diff is not a good choice ...it is also an automatic turbo car..

Yeah i sent back the joints to motosport. and hit the junk yard and found some nice stock ones .. they seem to work fine for now and my originals are at a driveline shop so the guy can try to come up with something stronger.. thankis for the info on the spicer ones.. i did find on a mark williams web site that makes driveline components that the ones motorsport is selling for 50 bucks each are only 25 each on his site for the same part number .. but they don't fit anyway

Yeah i sent back the joints to motosport. and hit the junk yard and found some nice stock ones .. they seem to work fine for now and my originals are at a driveline shop so the guy can try to come up with something stronger.. thankis for the info on the spicer ones.. i did find on a mark williams web site that makes driveline components that the ones motorsport is selling for 50 bucks each are only 25 each on his site for the same part number .. but they don't fit anyway

We use the CARQUEST Gold u-joints part # 1-0029G , they have no grease fitting and they are solid. We went a 9.21@153mph on them. Just visit your local CARQUEST store and ask for the Gold joint for your application.Jerry

• 2 years later...

Wanted to clarify, Spicer heavy duty UJoints from motorsport have very different bodies from the neapco branded "Brute Force" 1-0029BF part. Don't know who actually makes them, but you are getting something entirely different in the box when you buy a "Spicer" and a "Brute Force". Spicer has a zerk grease fitting, Neapco doesn't. Just FYI...