HybridZ

More pics of my 3 piece spoiler!

80LS1T

Guy,

It's pretty easy to do. I just used 2 pieces of cardboards and let them sit on the front spoiler and lean them against the hood. The 2 pieces meets in the center line of the hood. Then I taped them to the hood. I just lay fiber glass mat and apply resin on the cardboards. I put like 3 layers of mat and try to lay them up as evenly as possible. Once the front piece is harden you can go back and work the 2 small side pieces. Once this all done I add more reenforcement fiberglass behind the front pieces where they meet the front spoiler. After that I just used bondo to smooth out the surface to get ready for paint.

Here is a picture

768663_9_full.jpg

Guy (or anyone else) do you worry about water collecting in the center of the hatch, or does it drain to the sides? That has always been my concern about the rear spoilers. In my case for an S-30 but I think the issue is relevant for both. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just curious:-)

thanks

Your work really does look good by the way (you too Vinh).

Phantaz,

Thank you for the compliments. I had this mod on my yellow Brucemobile 8 years ago and I tried to convience everyone to make this mod on their MSA front spoiler. I was very surprise not seeing more people doing this mod. As you can see it's simple enough and it improves the look 10 times.

Kbhead,

Here is the picture of the side vents

768663_137_full.jpg

I just cut the 3 stripes on the fenders. I bought the mess on Ebay and I forgot who I got it from. I am sure it's all over Ebay. You just have to make sure it's the pattern you want. I just clean the back of the fender real well and used bondo glass to hold it in place. Nothing secret here. The side emblems I got from some guy on Ebay as well. The emblems are JDM Z emblems. I've never seen these Z emblems on any Z before. They look perfect on the side of my fenders.

I also trim the bottom inner bottom lip of the front spoiler so I can add the grill to protect the debris from hitting the IC. Without cutting the bottom lip the grill would not look normal.

Vinh

PS. everything was done prior to painting btw.

Well I don't drive my car in the rain so it won't really be an issue for me. The car is my toy for the warm months. I've got my trusty ol' Dodge Stratus for crappy weather!

I thought I was pretty much finish with body work but Vinh has pretty much convinced me that it will look much better with the front end like that! LOL This should be a cake walk compared to that spoiler!

Guy

Phantaz,

I tried to convience everyone to make this mod on their MSA front spoiler. I was very surprise not seeing more people doing this mod. As you can see it's simple enough and it improves the look 10 times.

The side emblems I got from some guy on Ebay as well. The emblems are JDM Z emblems. I've never seen these Z emblems on any Z before.

I've been going to do this for about 6 years now but, have never gotten around to it. Hopefully this summer I'll be doing the front of the car something like what you've done. I really think you've set the standard for this mod. Great job!

Also I had this emblem on the front of my hod for about 6 years. It's the same as the 350Z emblem. Right?

I think I'm going to have to copy the rear spoiler idea that Guy haas done. Not to be a copy cat but, it's actually done right and looks great!

I think I'm going to have to copy the rear spoiler idea that Guy haas done. Not to be a copy cat but, it's actually done right and looks great!

Copy cat away! LOL Isn't there some saying about "imitation is the greatest complement?" :-D Something like that anyways...

Guy

Cody,

My emblem is not the 350z emblem. The 350Z emblem has the Z raised. I think it's just look bad. Mine is flush and flat and covers with a layer of acrylic.

Yeah I will be happy to see people coppying my mods if you think it will look good. I have no problem with it.

Also I agree that Guy's spoiler mod is very classy looking and very nice. Now if you didn't modify it and just bolt it on it would not look that nice. Again diferent people has different tastes.

Cody,

My emblem is not the 350z emblem. The 350Z emblem has the Z raised. I think it's just look bad. Mine is flush and flat and covers with a layer of acrylic.

I'll have to post a pic of mine. It's all smooth like yours is. I bought it at Courtesy Nissan when they were more into having neat items out on display.