HybridZ

L28E or L28ET ECU? Which one do i have?

Guest 1SIKZ31

Guest 1SIKZ31

I just put this ECU I got from a friend on ebay, and got a reply saying its a NOn turbo L28E 280ZX Ecu, and NOT a 280ZX Turbo ECU.

I SAW it coming out of a turbo car with my VERY own eyes, it has to be a turbo ECU?

Heres the link, scroll down and look at the pin configuration picture, its a single connector multi pin plug in, is it non turbo or turbo?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300072867841&rd=1,1

Please Help I need this information NOW to inform all buyers its which ECU

No. It's not the turbo ecu. Turbo 280ZX ecu's have three connectors.

Uh, uh, uh! In the NORTH AMERICAN MARKET, the Turbo ECU has multiple connectors. In Europe that is EXACTLY what the turbo ecu looks like! no difference other than part number differentiation.

The Multiple-Connector is ECCS, the single connector is EFI. European Z's got an EFI system with their turbos (as did JDM), only the USA got ECCS.

Looks the same at the 280z. Could be fromt the 80-81 turbo versions, before they went CAS in the dizzy.

They look the same as all the other Turbos in North America.

81 Turbo ECCS unit looks the same as an 82/83 ECCS unit.

Chances are since the car is from Texas, that it's an EFI N/A box, and not a JDM or Euro Turbo Box. I would put that at somewhere along the 99.9999999th percentile