HybridZ

died again

i had a mechanic look at my 280z (1977), and he got it up and running about 3 months ago, hes was the 3rd mechanic to take alook at it, but he actually got my car to run, he tweaked a small piece, that he explained to me give the engine more gas on idle because the enginge was not recieving enough juice to run, the fan would look like it was trying to turn but never completed a complete rotation, he showed me that i needed an oil change badly, but it would start for now, and it has been sitting there since, i turned it on about a montha ago after like 7 tries, but i notice the CHG light turns (which im not sure if its true but i heard that meant it needs to be changed)on in the volatge meter, this was a problem, i had before with a defective battery from advanced auto parts. now i know the battery can die if you leave something un and the alternator is not helping it recharge but i have never even drivin the thing out of my parking lot and the smaehting is happening, i cleaned the spark plugs that had a black tip, he siad it smells like oil, so i can i get it to stop burning oil, and know if maybe it is getting too much gas? the headers made a clicking noise, that he explained had a leak somehwere in the front, but i just want to ge the thing running decent enough to take it to jiffy lube. i plan on replacing the starter, and alternator soon, even though it has nothign to do wiht the problem, but it would be great to get it running, someone tell me hwo to check if its getting too much gas, and how to get it to stop burning oil, exclude the egos please.

Hehehe, I'll assume the egos comment is directed at my last post to your questions. Either way I'll try this again.

What happens to a battery whether it is being used or not while it sits it loses a charge to the air around it. It will die from temperature changes and just not being used over time. Get a new battery in the car or try to charge the one you have. Go from there. We can't do anything if it doesn't turn over and give a symptom.

If the battery is draining overnight, then you have something seriously wrong in the electrical system. Easiest way to track it down is to get a good digital multimeter that will read a 20A draw and connect it to the battery. If it's draining over night it should be a substantial draw. Start pulling fuses until the draw drops off. Once it drops you've found the circuit the problem is in. Then it's a matter tracing it down from there.