HybridZ

Please identify this tranny

Roostmonkey

No it came with the wrong sump, but ive ordered the right one along with the pickup and gasket from Shea at NISMO for $ 188.xx delivered to MA.So it appears that I got a pretty good deal , paying $3500.00 for an R33 Rb26DETT and tranny.The guy I bought it from said he paid $5500 from some importer in Canada.

all the skyline rb's are front sump, the 200zr z31 red top rb20det with the top mount intercooler is the only rear sump. and you do need a front sump for a 240sx. you need custom motor mounts that move the motor forward a little but you didn't need to waste your money on a new sump unless yours had a hole in it and then you might wanna worry because #1 rb25 tranny's go for about $900, and 2. rb26 cheapest i've seen in a long time is $3100, so if you paid $3500 for everything....it just seems too good to be true. i HOPE you got a good motor, good luck to you.

I HOPE its not too good to be true too.After getting to know the kid ( looks to be mid 20's) that I got the motor from, I dont believe that he'd tuckit to me but who knows about the importer that HE got it from. He was going to do a 240sx swap but before he started it, he found a beautiful Skyline and bought it. After driving the Skyline for a while he decided to drop the 240sx project and the motor just set for a year. I couldnt understand where all his money was coming from and why , financially, he hadnt tried to sell the motor/tranny.Turns out he won a large settlement and money is no object right now.He and I have just kind of hit it off and he's almost as excited to see my ca r with the RB as I am.Also, I agreed to give everything back that I wont be using, front wheel drive assy,P/S pump,smog ect...We'll see soon enough if it's too good to be true.

This is the transmission I got with my swap, I believe it is a R34 RB25DET is that correct? Notice the increased webbing on the transmission compared to the above pictures.

That is a RB25DET R34 Pull-Type transmission. I have one myself. Did you get the slave cylinder with it?

That is a RB25DET R34 Pull-Type transmission. I have one myself. Did you get the slave cylinder with it?

The slave is not on the transmission but the importer is getting one for me.

Is this a pull-type clutch? I would assume it is because it has the throw out attached to the disc and from what I have read that is a good indication the disc is a pull type.

375753008_921048a775.jpg