so help me out

I plan on useing a 280z for my project

and putting in a chevy LT1

i'm looking upwards of 500+hp

and I'm thinking for traction i'll need a LSD and wider tires

so i decided to go with victoria british 4" flare kit

now seeing as i'll be going really really fast i'll need better brakes

but to put good tires on i'll need 17" rims

well you really can't find a 17x10 or 17x11 rim with this bolt pattern or hell with the correct offset i doubt

so i'm thinking i'm going to have to convert to another lug pattern

and hope i can find a wheel

and brake that is

can anyone help explain this to me and what i should do to convert ?

and what type of brake should i look towards

what rims

and so forth

I'd apprecaite any help you can provide icon_biggrin.gif

Later

Nick

Nick~

These are both subjects that have been beatin into the ground around here. There's TONS of info to answer your questions right here in this section. I suggest you use the search function and look for "brakes" , "rims" , "tires" , "flares" and "LSD". That's what its there for. You'll be busy reading and learning for awhile. Everyone here is MORE than happy to help, but you need to get up to speed first using all the great info thats already available to you. icon_smile.gif

Jason

Davy,

Jim didnt use spacers. he has my stage # 3 5 lug front setup - same as mike kelly's.

jim got koenig 5.o's i believe in the end with different offsets 20 and 40 mm to need only a minimal 1/4" spacer in the end.

his rears are the stage one plus with outlaw 1000s and separate rear ebrake - that part is going out soon.

Ah, my bad; thanks for the correction, Mike. Even better for BLKMGK and everyone else if no spacers (or minimal ones) are needed.

I believe that the 'Ford' bolt pattern is the same size used by last gen RX7s and Toyota Supras. The availability of wheels is quite good, especially with all the new ones coming from Japan. Hey, The Fast and the Furious did have a positive impact on the aftermarket and increased demand for wheels. This can only help us.

Davy

CableSrv:

-the 'natural' 5lug bolt pattern we normally swap to is 5x4.5 (mustang/many imports etc) using 300ZX hubs up front and redrilling our rear stub axles for 5lug

-I have a rear brake setup using 11-3/8's rotors that retains ebrake use (YES! brackets just being finished/a pair in hand now)

-up front their's a few options of which I have a 13" setup one can run with 5lug

-for LSD have you sourced one out yet? I can offer a quaiffe worm gear/torsen style center section that you can have setup with your choice of gears etc in an R200 differential, alternately some have installed R230's (viscous units from 300ZXTT's or Infiniti Q45's, a nice unit that somes in heavier than an R200), the R200 can be used with 280ZXT CV halfshafts in conjunction with an adaptor setup I offer (been used on Scotties car and tolerated 500+ft-lbs easily)

-their's a few options and info, I'm not always in here frequently but email is ALWAYS serviced so feel to drop me a line personally