HybridZ

bare bones

MaTTSuN

im looking to buy mega squirt and was just wondering if this is right

i priced everything out on DIY and it came to around $750 or so.

id like to run edis since i have the 81 turbo with the CAS on the crank.

other than that i just want the baics

i priced it all out as assembled parts and thats the way i want to buy it

dont think im good enuf to build it but i might still go that way if its not to hard...

so whats the bare bones way to do a mega squirt with edis and wide band. guess its not to bare bones now haha

(not including the edis parts)

thanks

matt

well i kinda need a Wide band or it will be tuff to tune right?

the wide band was like 200 i think

i guess i could get it close without a wide band but i want it done right and see whats really going on

i guess i could loose the relay board but it seams to make everything come together easier

Spend the $200 on dyno time at a reputable shop. Having a wideband in your MS is useless unless you have a way to put the engine under precise load conditions. I prefer Dynapack or a Mustang dynos as they have the ability to hold the engine at a particular RPM or load. You can do all your tuning in a matter of hours vs. days trying to drive it around and do tuning.

Guest TeamNissan

Mario is right, you do need to mount a trigger wheel. Thats a good thing in my opinion though, its cheap and it works very well.

I think you need to do a little more research befor you comit to buy. Try and find a person to assemble the parts for you, maybe someone here can help. Buying it in pieces saves you 20% right there.

I believe Phil just finished tuning his car WITHOUT a wide band and it came out damn well. You might want to contact him, hes a very nice guy.

I believe Phil just finished tuning his car WITHOUT a wide band and it came out damn well. You might want to contact him, hes a very nice guy.

It had a wideband, just not hooked up to the MS itself.

I used to build them for board members, but I don't have any of my soldering tools at school anymore...

Mario

Guest TeamNissan

Ah well he could go that route too.

Ya I did tmy friend ms but I really dont want to be responsible lol. I'm SURE someone can do it for him though.

Guest TeamNissan

Well your saving yourself money already then lol. I mean the whole point of the system is to be cheap as hell... to buy all the parts assembled you could just buy a name brand model.

Guest TeamNissan

Na man the price dif on fully assembled units and name brand ecus is neglagable.... Buy in pieces like its designed and put it together.... stop giving your money away.

Guest TeamNissan
How so? Even a MS2 fully assembled is only $390! Here is a short list of name brand crap...

SDS- $917 basic 6 cyl kit

Motec- $2,677.51 basic 6 cyl kit

Haltech-$1,081 USD

AEM-$2,724.75

I guess I must be missing the point somewhere...

Yes your missing the 1st post.