HybridZ

OLD School JDM HKS BOV, opinions.

24OZ

Guys,

I've got this BOV, it's a JDM HKS one:

DSC02052.JPG

and i am wondering if I can use it on my L28ET, currently with stock T3.

Do you think it will work ok for my application, i want to mount it in a 2.5" elbow pipe but I am also having problems removing it's retaingin clips, what is the trick? I used long nose pliers to compress the two ends to no avail.

Also, if you dont think its great please recommend me one, preferably one which isnt too loud, i dont want to sound like a ricer.

Thanks!

Assuming the BOV itself is in good shape, it should work fine. The HKS BOVs are very well made, including the older ones. I used one similar to the above, but it had a plastic housing. It was still working great at least up to 20 psi with no leaking at idle until the day I replaced it. That was on a DSM.

In fact, the older HKS BOVs have a better sound (in my opinion), without as much of the "chirping" in the current Super Sequential.

That retaining ring is called a snap ring or a circlip. You'll find it much easier to get it in and out with a set of pliers specific to that purpose ("Snap Ring Pliers"). You just compress the snap ring and wiggle it out.

Thank you very much for the reply.

The BOV looks to be in great shape so I will use it, thanks for explaining the terminology of the clip, i had no idea.. and thanks also for letting me in on what tool to use to remove it!

I will try and borrow one of those tools and remove the clip and then measure to see what adaptor i need to get that way i can weld the new adaptor to the new larger diameter elbow which I will be purchasing.

240Z,

Before you go looking for an adapter, and spending needless money.

Just cut the mounting flange off of the current pipe you have and weld it on to the new larger elbow.

Now take the $35.00 you just saved and spend it on T-Bolt clamps and silicone hose for your intake or BEER or dinner with your GF or..........

Mike.