HybridZ

Cam bearings, are there any?

gjc5500

• Administrators

The first thing you will need is the JTR V-8 conversion manual. The JTR manual will literally walk you through every thing you will need to convert your Z to a GM V-8, from a donor car, any aftermarket goodies you may need, etc. The JTR manual covers many different trannies from autos to 5 speed and 6 speeds. It covers exhaust and header options, cooling options, and even shows what wiring you need to keep and get rid of. It even shows you how to calibrate your tach for the V-8, installing the Datsun oil pressure sender and water temp sender, speedo cable for the GM tranny, all so you can retain the OE gauges. The engine mounts and tranny mounts are also drawn up to size so you can fab your own if you so choose.

Here it is…

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html

gjc5500-if you need z info stop by my house some time-i am in modesto just off of 99.i have a 77 with turbo and megasquirt-but i have been working on z's for years.back in the day i used to put e88 head and su round tops on a l28 bottem end.made for a very strong running but simple car.if you build the carbs correctly and get a distributor with good advance curve car a early z run good with cheap set up.getting old nissan efi to work can possably take more time than setting up a modern efi system-you will end up spending time troubleshooting with old junkyard parts.i have some parts laying around.