HybridZ

I installed a Greddy profec B boost controler!....VIDEO....

big-phil

Nice!!

Phil why didnt you try the Megasquirt Boost Controller?! its costs $24 and it uses a boost map.. so depending on RPM you can select how much boost you want to run.

I did'nt really know much about it?? I paid $150 for the Profec, so that would have been a huge savings! did you get your car fixxed?

yeh it was a bad HEI unit..

and I forgot to ground the base of the new HEI unit.. yes it had a ground wire, but I guess the base of the HEI needs to be grounded too!

Let me find you a link for the boost control stuff...

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=925829 Walk through on how it works.. and install.

Basically its a small "relay" with 3 wires... and it uses a fast acting valve.

(boost control "kit")

http://www.sparkandfuel.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=39

and ofcourse.. the MegaManual for the boost controller and how to tune

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Hardware_Manual.htm#boost

Basically its a small "relay" with 3 wires... and it uses a fast acting valve.

Could the "command valve" on the Holset HE351 be utilized as the "fast acting valve? All of this is very interesting, I just bought a Holset and a L28 turbo shortblock for my 260.

TIA

chris

Guest 280ZForce

Phil - I assume that lil GReddy solenoid box is a plastic covering. So I would definitely recommend you move that somewhere else or it will be toast soon and melted. That's pretty close to the turbo and manifold.

trust me on this, I used to have my external map sensor mounted on top of my intake manifold (shop mounted it there) and I knew it wasn't gonna last. Within a couple weeks it was completely warped, melted and ruined.

So just a heads up, wouldn't want that money going to waste. If you can relocate it on the firewall or somewhere outta the way of heat or under the dash.

Phil - I assume that lil GReddy solenoid box is a plastic covering. So I would definitely recommend you move that somewhere else or it will be toast soon and melted. That's pretty close to the turbo and manifold.

trust me on this, I used to have my external map sensor mounted on top of my intake manifold (shop mounted it there) and I knew it wasn't gonna last. Within a couple weeks it was completely warped, melted and ruined.

So just a heads up, wouldn't want that money going to waste. If you can relocate it on the firewall or somewhere outta the way of heat or under the dash.

Ooooo THANKS!!!! I didn't even think of that!

no.. the command valve adjusts the variable vain technology if I recall.

but I dont know for sure.. worth a shot to do some research

The Holset HE351 is just a later gen HY35. It does not have variable vane technology. The command valve is an electrical selenoid that operates a type of spool valve. It is located on the compressor housing and the wastegate can gets its signal from this valve. I have been researching quite a lot on the Holset site and various Cummins sites. The Holset site expounds on it's superior technology without telling exactly how it works. I will post my findings.

chris