HybridZ

HY35 Exhaust Housing V-band

KTM-EXC

Im looking for a little advice on what I should use for a Vband to hold the exhaust housing to the center section. Mine is in perfect shape except the bolt snapped in have and is now half the size it use to be. I have tried all the local hardware stores to see if they have any bolts with a special head that would work. And no one seems to make a 3.75" Vband clamp. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I would find a bolt like the one in picture below? Or any ideas on how I could make this work, like weld on a longer bolt?

Thanks in advance,

Im just trying to find anything that will work reliably so I can use this stupid turbo.

Vbandpic.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

here's what you need... i bought this when I had a shop strip my flange bolt and then rig it to try to work and didn't tell me until it just fell off on me a few days later and I had to figure out what happened myself. And my holset clamp was brand new.

This flange is much better and an upgrade, plus it looks better and holds better.

http://www.burnsstainless.com/cgi-bin/order.py?action=add&part_number=VB-400%20Clamp

Here's it on mine...

IMG_1172.jpg

Guest 280ZForce
Thanks a lot, and your engine bay looks awesome.

I thought it was a 3.75" V band clamp. And the exhaust outlet was 4"? I measured it completely closed and it came out to 3.75". Im already ordering a 4" clamp with a flange for my Downpipe.

THanks

Rob

Oh yes...my bad. The 4" one I replaced was for the exhaust housing to the downpipe. If the one you speak of is 3.75", then get that one. I haven't measured that one before cuz I didn't have a problem with it.

Either way get your v-bands goods from them.