HybridZ

LS1 wiring info

I thought I remembered someone posted a list of which wires need to connect to where to make the LS1 harness work but cant seem to find it. Anyone know where that is? I know the wiring diagram is available on LS1Tech.com but this was simplified into you hook up the necessary few power, ground, tach and go but maybe my memory if failing?

Thanks

Cameron

Is this what you are looking for?

Here are the wires that I used from these connectors:

1. 2 ORN wires - 1 is the main Batt 12V to the PCM and the other is Batt to the air pump. Just to be sure I am hooking up both to the Batt thru a Maxi Fuse.

2. PNK wires - IGN feed. There are 5 PNK wires. 2 of them are for the 2 injector banks. 1 to the evap switch. 1 to the PCM. 1 to the transmission sensor and it's for the reverse light switch. All of these need to connect thru some type of fuses. Your choice here.

3. Thick purple wire - This is the starter wire. I hook this to the output of relay. This relay will get 12V from the ignition. The ground will be fed thru the clutch switch. That way you have to press the clutch to start.

4. GRN/WHT - Fuel pump relay control. This is a ground active signal and used to feed the negative side of the coil in the relay.

5. WHT - Tach

6. BLU - High speed cooling fan.

7. GRN - Low speed cooling fan. ( I don't use this wire but maybe some of you do).

8. All the ground wires are connected to the back of the heads.

That's it. That's all you need to start up the car.

Here are 2 more small connectors that carry all the sensors info

1. TAN - Oil pressure sensor

2. Heavy GRN and BRN wires - Reverse switch

3. GRN/WHT - VSS

4. GRY - 5V ref for the fuel level sensor. (Not used)

5. PPL - Fuel level sensor signal- (Not used)

6. GRN - PCM serial - connect this to the ODBII plug This is optional.(not used at this time)

I ran the EFI wire thru the firewall. Clean up the stock wiring inside the car and look for fused wires that are now become unused after cutting out the old EFI system. I found 3 wires going thru the wiring harness that leads to the fuse block that I can use to feed the GM harness.

BLU/WHT wire - Batt - Feed the ORN wires on GM harness

WHT/BLK wire - Fused IGN 1 - Feed PNK wires to both INJ banks and PCM

BLU/YEL wire - Fused IGN 1 - Feed PNK wires to the rest of the sensors on the motor and transmission

You can see it doesn't require much wiring to get an LS1 motor up running. That is if you use the Fbody wiring harness. If you have a C5 harness that's another animal. I don't have any experience with the LS2 but I think it's similar to the Fbody except for it using the DBW throttle.

You can see pics and more info here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2079260/8