HybridZ

Any guess on possable hp?

cpt jack

Hey all sorry to be so bother some... but a friend of mine is sellin me his 280z's intake manifold with the individual intake rails.... well heres my plans i got a 240sx tb, gettin 280zx-t injectors, MSA headers and full exhaust and a new fuel rail... about how much of a power gain would i see? And im na i just wana see where i would be at and shortly after all that i will then be goin ms..... so yea tell me what you guys think... more advice and info the better.... :eek:

Guest TeamNissan

Ya, I agree, you cant just go swapping injectors and thats that. You will need to alter the ecu or use a stand alone like ams or msns.

Also in my opinion the car wont run ritch with turbo injectors it will just run the the same is if it had n/a injectors. The ecu doesnt know the diference unless you tell it to.

Also in my opinion the car wont run ritch with turbo injectors it will just run the the same is if it had n/a injectors. The ecu doesnt know the diference unless you tell it to.

Actually it would run richer. If at say 3k at wot, if the afm gave a voltage reading of say 2.5v to the ecu. The ecu would give pre determind pulse width to the injector based on the afm. The zxt inj is almost another 100cc/min worth of fuel. The ecu wouldn't know that. Stiffening the afm isn't a good idea either. They are fully open around or just after peak torque.

You might be better off with an afpr. You could add a few psi of fuel if it really needed it. You might also be to use an safr or safc to modify the afm signal. I know used safr's can be had pretty cheap. You would need a wideband though with any of the above.

If a turbo and ms is really in your future, I would wait. It would save you the money on the msa header and instead of zxt injectors you could get something a little larger (550cc+) that would accomidate more power if you ever decided you wanted it in the future. Larger injectors aren't an issue with ms as you program it.

If a turbo and ms is really in your future, I would wait. It would save you the money on the msa header and instead of zxt injectors you could get something a little larger (550cc+) that would accomidate more power if you ever decided you wanted it in the future. Larger injectors aren't an issue with ms as you program it.

ahh ok got cha... yea because i found 3 P90/a heads at the junk yard with turbos manifolds and all that except injectors fully intact.... so im thinkin of goin with my P79 head out and swap on the P90.... and sell the P90a... and the other P90 and only 1 turbo out of the 3 of them has shaft play... and tha one that does is very minimal....

Guest TeamNissan
Actually it would run richer. If at say 3k at wot, if the afm gave a voltage reading of say 2.5v to the ecu. The ecu would give pre determind pulse width to the injector based on the afm. The zxt inj is almost another 100cc/min worth of fuel. The ecu wouldn't know that. Stiffening the afm isn't a good idea either. They are fully open around or just after peak torque.

You might be better off with an afpr. You could add a few psi of fuel if it really needed it. You might also be to use an safr or safc to modify the afm signal. I know used safr's can be had pretty cheap. You would need a wideband though with any of the above.

Thats makes sense, I almost had it atleast :-/ lol.