HybridZ

RB25 Trans no longer needed for RB26/Z32 Swap

Booztd 3

Guest Straight6

Just curious, any other suggestions on other Transmissions you would consider swapping besides the RB25/Z32 Trans? I was thinking a Getrag from a GTR...now i know the GTR is AWD, but in theory, couldn't one just remove the front wheel drive differential housing and just convert it to RWD?...but you say the stock RB25 and Z32 Trans are sturdy enough huh?...is this the same Tranny for N/A Z32's?

• 1 year later...
Just curious, any other suggestions on other Transmissions you would consider swapping besides the RB25/Z32 Trans? I was thinking a Getrag from a GTR...now i know the GTR is AWD, but in theory, couldn't one just remove the front wheel drive differential housing and just convert it to RWD?...but you say the stock RB25 and Z32 Trans are sturdy enough huh?...is this the same Tranny for N/A Z32's?

Sorry to bring back this thread up but i was doing some research and wanted to answer this question . Yes the Z32 NA and turbo 5 speed are the same thing :D

Sorry to bring back this thread up but i was doing some research and wanted to answer this question . Yes the Z32 NA and turbo 5 speed are the same thing :D

Are you sure? Because as far as I know they are not the same; the turbo transmission is much stronger.