HybridZ

My 1st update

After 4 years of wanting to swap in a V8, and two years of researching every engine combination, I got a 2002 WS6 LS1/4L60E with 33,000 on the ticker on EBAY.JTR are parts are paid for should arrive any day now, Street and Performance and Summit Parts on the way as well. I need to order the JCI parts, I have not had time to get to bank or post office, I wish he accepted credit card or paypal !!! I removed the Engine harness and computer and getting ready to send off to Speartech. I went with automatic because 1. My C5 is a six speed and 2. The Twist Machine paddle shifters are in the plan (budget). Complete electric harness, big flares, big brakes and big tires !!!!

waiting_2.JPG

LS1_MOTOR.jpg

waiting.JPG

Save your money on sending the harness to Speartech. Look at the post by HeavyZ at the bottom for wiring. Speartech does good works but the price is expensive. You can contact Jesse at wait4me performance for the reprogramming of the PCM. It's a lot cheaper. Just an opinion.

Thanks Vinh,

I have read your posts and I saved that wiring information you provided for HeavyZ. Also, In my notes I have your information about the Autometer guages (Speedo and Tach) configured to 4 cyl. Good Info. I am going with John at Speartech because I want to install paddle shifters, extend the harness and do the usual deletes Vats, emissions etc..... True, a bit pricey!!!But, he does great work. I will keep wait4me performance and jesses' name in my notes just in case !!!!

Thanks,

I know Mike Kz !!!! I finally put together a plan and spreadsheet (budget)that in the end I will be satisified with the car. Hilborn injection would have been nice on a 383 stroker and TKO 600 but the reality of the wallet set in !!!!

Mike Thanks !!!!

Mike (Powdercoater) I really wanted to come out this past weekend, but I am putting off some the C5 stuff for awhile and spend the weekends and maybe 1 or 2 days during the week on the Z swap if the wife permits !!!

Clive the total cost was $3,690.00 ( $3000 for drivetrain) $525.00 shipping and a $75.00 motorized pallet jack and residential delivery , 90.00 paypal 3%. I will get some more pics uploaded-Me and my Dad (70 years old) stripped the LS1 of the F-body accessories, the PCM /harness, MAC headers and old hoses cleaning it up a bit.