HybridZ

78 280Z mustache bar Shape

We did the R200 diff swap into a 72 240z awhile back. I was checking the rear brakes recently ans noticed that the 78 280Z mustache bar we installed has a slight warp towards the back of the car so there is a 1/4 to 3/8 gap between the bar and the vertical transverse arm mount on the drivers side. On the passenger side the bar is flush against the passenger side traverse arm mount. The car we got the mustache bar from did not appear to have any rear end damage. Is the slight warp of the mustache bar on the driver's side normal?

Second question: Is there any way to remove the mustache bar with out pulling the differential?

Thanks

Miles

Can't help you with the 'warp' issue on the mustache bar, but I can tell it is possible to pull the mustache bar without dropping the diff. Auxilary and I pulled a mustache bar from a 280Z about a month ago. We removed all the associated nuts & bolts and left the diff hanging from the front mount and driveshaft. We also removed the rear crossmember and bought that too, but I can't recall if this was needed or not? I believe it is. All in all, if I was doing this on a car I liked, I would use a jack to help support the diff, in addition to beign able to slowly lower it too. Hope this helps.

Davy