HybridZ

Staged injectors on Throttle bodies

MONZTER

Hi, I searched this subject but only found 2 year old post, alot has changed since then, and wanted to see if any oppinions have changed about the benefits of staged injection on a turbo motor. My idea is this: Currently I run a Tec 3r NON Sequential, (I feel this gives better throttle response than full-sequention). Problem is by doing this it is way difficult to have single non staged injectors idle well and be large enough for a high HP Turbo set up. My Tec3r will run staged injectors so the small ones close to the head will be for idle and cruise, and the big ones far back will kick in under boost or high RPM. Does anyone have experience with the Tec3 and this type of set up. I am designing an building my own throttle bodies, and wanted some opinions before finishing up the design.

Thanks for the help and check out the pics below of the Cad models. (there not finished yet)

throttle_bodies4.jpg

throttle_bodies3.jpg

throttle_bodies1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

SDS can do it, megasquirt can do it, I'm guessing that TEC can too.

SDS does it by using 2 set of injectors that are the same size. One set is used up to a certain pulse width, after that point it starts firing the second set but cuts the pulse width in half. This give it a smooth transition.

I'm running 72lb/hr MSD injectors and it idles fine, these should flow enough fuel for 700hp, although I doubt I'll get close to that.

Wow 72 lb/hr whats that like 800cc? Are the injectors firing every revolution or only on the intake cycle? what is your fuel pressure? are you using a rising rate fuel pressure regulator? what is your minimum on time? I run my RC injectors at .80ms any less and they will stall and shut down during deceleration

sorry for all of the questions :)

Thanks Jeff

72lb/hr is ~750cc/min. SDS only does batch fire, so I'm guessing every revolution.

Fuel pressure starts at ~38PSI at idle and goes up from there. I'm using a 1:1 Aeromotive FPR.

I don't know what the minimum on time is. I'll try to get out there and look at the duty cycle at idle.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118128&highlight=Holy+Injectors

I really need to stop giving posts cute titles so topics can be found using search.

The engine for this setup is still in jail, so I can't report any results yet -

However, I think staged injectors are the perfect answer for big injector requirements., and the TEC3r is definitely up to the task.