HybridZ

hall effect trigger for ms

randy 77zt

He is triggering it from three magnets embedded in the flywheel. It is still working great for me. Your hall sensor looks a lot better then mine that's for sure. Where did you get it. I made mine myself from a brass rod and a hall IC.

I was thinking of relocating the hall sensor to somewhere above the starter. It would be easier to get to.

good luck with your install.

sensor is made by cherry part#mp100701 magnets are cherry #as101001 sourced from digikey-the recommended parts source on http://www.msefi.com.there is a 1.5k pull up resistor soldered in under the tape and connector is a gm weatherpack .magnet is housed in an aluminum holder with #8 screw stud on back .i cut off the stud and drilled holes in flywheel 60btdc and every 120 degrees.i used a degree wheel on the crank to get the holes centerpunched correctly .after running engine i had to adjust offset 6 degrees-offset is at 52 degrees and timiing is showing up on timing light as programmed.the magnets are glued into flywheel with jb weld.my ms directly fires the zxt power transistor/coil .everything is wired direct to relay board .

Randy, the sensor in your picture looks more like the gs100701. according to the digikey sheet mp100701 is only 1 inch tall. If you did accidentaly get the gs100701 than it will now work. It will sens all ferous metal (ie your flywheel). did you benchtest the sensor? I used a dropping resistor with a LED to verify that the sensor worked as it should.