HybridZ

Just a quick wheel question

If I switch to Z31 5 lug hubs in the front and drill out the rear to match, can these wheels fit Weld Wheels ,they are the Pro Star XP style. 6" of back space for the 17x9" (for the rear) and 5.5" of backspace for the 17x8.5". Can they work? I love the look of these.

I pretty much dumped the idea of widening aluminum wheels, due to safety issues. So, since my suspension is here at home and my car in storage, I can't take any measurements. Does anyone have any measurements that they took before ordering thier custom wheels? Also, if I was to switch to five lug, would the measurements be any different for the front wheels? This is for a stock fendered car with coilovers and 280ZX rear disc conv.. I really want to get that 9" wide wheel in the back.

I think I asked this right, kinda late... frain's bried :D I tried looking through the search function, but got a bad headache frown.gif .

!M!

I hate to see a post a unanswered. so here it goes. I beleive the z31 front hub moves the front wheels out 1.25 inches from the stock location. I have coilovers as well and 1 have 5.75 inchs of clearce in the rear fenders.I have 8's in the rear with 5 backspaceand I still have another 1/2 inch clearence so the 8.5 inch wheels you like will probably fit. I don't think the 9s will without carefull measuresments. Check out Pete's site. If I only knew how to provide a link,I would.sorry. or try jeromio's site, They both have very useful info. Good luck on your quest for 9's.

Originally posted by fastzcars:

I beleive the z31 front hub moves the front wheels out 1.25 inches from the stock location.

I don't think its that much. My measurements put it at .740 out from the stock location. (I'm the process of converting to Z31 hubs now)

Rear:

Check out info for 17x9s (largest possible without flares in the rear of a 240-280Z) on my site:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pparaska/wheelstires.htm

The upshot is, with 1/2" thick rotor hats on my AZ Z-car / Wilwood rear brakes, the backspacing is 149mm. But check my page for details.

You have to roll the fender lip also.

Front:

17x8.5s with 142mm backspace and 234/45-17 tires fits - you may need a 1/8" wheel spacer.