HybridZ

83 280ZX SS Brake lines. 6???

First off I bought the ss brake line kit from MSA and it has 6 hoses ? I'm guessing 1 for each wheel but what are the others for ? Anyways I replaced one brake line and then I noticed that the old one had a copper washer. Should I use that washer ? Get new ones ? Or just leave it off ?

Hey,

The fronts each require one. The rear calipers on a 280ZX requeres four lines. One "inner" one and one "outer" one for each side. So, altogether six.

I just got the same setup from MSA, and they said I didn't need that copper crush washer for the brake lines, just for the clutch line.

HTH, -Hugh

In don't know why you need the copper washer for the clutch line because it doesn't even screw in all the way. Well anyways I put them on there just to be on the safe side. But in the process of doing the lines I figured I would do a tire rotation but on the last tire the lug lock key broke!!! So now I can't switch them or anything till I get a new key. damn!