HybridZ

MS-II Theoretical Maps (please critique)

cygnusx1

These maps are NOT loaded into the MS-II yet. In fact the MS-II is not in the car yet but I am practicing map making for my car, based on other maps, and my intuition. Those with "the force", please critique!

1983 L28ET Stock

T3/TO4B

440cc injectors

Stock fuel pressure

83 ignition coil/dist.

18psi boost

SEE ATTACHED ZIP/WORD document.

THANKS,

Dave

It looks good for starters. I would set your lowest load band to be around 60, since that is where it should idle. I would also make the lowest RPM band around 800 RPM.

When you first get it started, use the "Required Fuel" setting to get the idle mixture close. Once the "Require Fuel" variable is set correctly, then you start fine tuning the map.

Ok so the "Required Fuel" will shift the entire map up and down. I thought "Required Fuel" was a fixed number for a given engine. But you have a point. It easier to shift the whole map to get it to idle than to play with individual % values on the map. Is that your logic?

Thanks for looking at my maps.

-Dave

It's not so much logic, but when you first get it running you don't want to think about what map point I need to change, and whether the RPM or load bands are correct for idle. Just adjust the required fuel. Yes, it is like a global fuel scale control. Setting it with the calculator will get you real close. Tweak it when you first get it running, then concentrate on your map. Also, set you timing map conservatively at first, and be sure to calibrate you timing map with the actual timing your measure with a light.

I am still about a month or so away from installing the injectors and the MS-II. I am still learning the systems while my Z is still ice-bound in the shed.

My MS-II came pre loaded with firmware MS-II v2.6xx. It seems that some of the "fuel correction" maps were already there. It seems to be correcting VE% for IAT, CLT, and a few other things seem pre-loaded. I am wondering if I will NEED to tweak those or not to get the car working. It's all a mystery at this point. I suppose when I finally install it. All my questions will be answered....or replaced with new ones. I am learning a ton.

Matt, from DIY-Autotune, if you read this, is X-Tau enabled on this MS-II v2.687? It is greyed out in the menus of my Megatune 2.25+

-Dave

You will be suprised at how little has to be correct to get it running. Now, getting it running well is a whole other story. I HIGHLY reccomend spending at least an hour on a dyno with someone that knows exactly what they are doing. If there is a bunch of Hondas with oil dripping out the tailpipe parked out front, you are at the wrong place...

I will most likely plan a trip up to see Pete at some point this Spring. Once I learn as much as I can and get it running well enough to take a road trip. I'll head Northeast to NH. The baby is sleeping so I'm off to read MS manuals! Bedtime Story.