HybridZ

Options for 3/8" return line on 240z tank?

Racin_Jason

I am about to finalize my pieced together fuel system. I originally tryed the upper vent tube on the top driver side for the return inlet but it doesnt flow freely.

I am running my 3/8" feed from the drain plug hole. Where can I route my 3/8" return line into the stock 240z tank? Car is a carbed Chevy.

Thanks much

Jason

Run the return back into the original feed fitting on the 240Z tank. The return will work fine with a 5/16" barb at the tank (ran this way for years).

I can feed the return straight into the original 5/16" feed with no mods to the stock configuration? That would be pretty convenient if so.

Thanks

Jason

I can feed the return straight into the original 5/16" feed with no mods to the stock configuration? That would be pretty convenient if so.

Thanks

Jason

Why wouldn't this work? It is just a tube going down into the tank.

The other option is to get an AN6 bulkhead fitting and drilling one hole (with a unibit) in the stock tank near the current returns. That way you can open the sending unit to get the jam nut on.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10002_749420_-1

I asked because this is my first Z car and the stock fuel system was stripped off when I got the car. Therefore I have no idea if its merely an open tube or if there is an intank pump or..

If it is just a pickup tube then it sounds like I am in buisness.