HybridZ

Quaife and CV's...

Con Brio

Hey guys, After installing the R200 w/Quaife LSD I proceeded with the 280ZXT CV axle swap via Motosports adaptors. The install papers that accompanied the CV's make mention of a retaining ring and listening for a distinctive "click" after sliding them into the diff. Never happened?!?! Does the Quaife have the "C-rings" as part of it's make up??? Appreciate any and all advice/input on this set up and install.

Kind Regards.

I've got a helical LSD, but I don't know if it is Quaif, Nissan, or Gleason-Torsen (it's old and didn't have any visible markings while installed). Mine though does "lock in". Are you sure you have the correct shaft installed into the correct side?

One very important thing I noticed with mine, and this this was a BIG surprise, was that the sides on my carrier are reversed. In other words my differential required that I have the normal passenger side stub inserted into the driver's side of the differential, and visa-versa. I couldn't believe what I was thinking I was seeing, so I measured into the splined area and sure enough found that the driver's side was deeper than the passenger's side where the stubs are inserted. What this meant was that I had to dissassemble my half-shafts and swap the differential side stubs to keep the shorter axle shaft on the driver's side of the car (where it must stay). This was more-or-less a PITA, but was well worth it. I had to get used to the difference in cornering on and off power, but I now love the way this differential works.

What I would strongly consider, if this indeed is the case for you, is have your ZXT axles rebuilt by the guy in Johnc's recent posting (mentioned in another string) that is rebuilding these ZXT halfshafts, and clearly specify that during the rebuild he swap the inner CVs during the assembly. Here is the link:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119863