HybridZ

Planning MS install and wiring.

cygnusx1

Here is my plan so far:

-Mount the ECU in the left kick panel.

-Mount the Megaview and control buttons in a radio bezel on the center console replacing the radio. The LC1 WBO2 re-cal. button and LED will be here also.

-Bolt a large bolt and welding cable to the engine block and mount a copper bus bar under the dash to handle all the returning ground lines.

-The ground bus bar will be securely grounded to the engine block and battery ground via heavy cables.

-Take the FI and FP relays out of the engine bay and mount them under the dash.

-Mount a fuse block somewhere under the dash that will handle all hot leads, including any I/O feeds that requires a fuse.

-Install a DB9 connector in the center console to connect the laptop to the ECU for programming.

I am debating wether or not to make a "fuel rail" type of "power rail" for the + and - side of the injectors. This would look cleaner than running wire bundles across all the injectors. I would take a two lengths of 12g insulated copper cable and solder the six bosch connectors to them. On the ends of the 12g sections near the firewall, I would connect the injector bank leads from the ecu with either a connector or a solder joint.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good start, but bus bar is most likely overkill. Hear is what I typically do:

- Add another 4 GA ground wire from the engine block to chassis. I use the 4 GA car stereo wire that is made up of 30 GA strands (nice and flexible).

- Add another 4 GA ground wire from the battery minus terminal to the chassis

- Purchase a decent terminal block and run a new 10 GA red from the plus battery terminal to the terminal block. Run a black 10 GA wire from the battery minus terminal to the terminal block.

- Using terminal block jumpers, connect as many terminals together to get you the right number grounds and +12V feeds that you need. Tie all of you MS power connections to this terminal block.

- I like these Painless 4 circuit fuse blocks because they are cheap, and they use standard ATO fuses. They are not weatherized, so they need to be in the passenger compartment.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRF%2D30002&N=700+4294843320+4294782591+115&autoview=sku

- The 4 fuse block will give you fused circuits for the MS, fuel pump, cooling fan, and injectors. Put the fan and fuel pump relays on the fused side of the circuit. Use 12 GA for fuel pump and fan. 18 GA is fine for the MS and 14 GA for injector power.

What I like to do in the MS harness is run multiple 18 GA ground wires. Usually 4 or 5 of them. One 18GA is fine for MS power in the harness. Remember that the majority of the current that flows through the MS is in the ground circuit, so don't skimp on MS grounds. Very little current flows through the +12v power to MS.